Moonstone's application period is now closed.
The following monthly timetable is a chronological outline of the typical sequence for enrollment.
- Applications will be available.
- Open House on Thursday, October 20, from 6:30 - 7:30p. The open house event includes an informational session & tour. If you are interested in attending, please RSVP directly to the school. We will begin taking RSVPs beginning September 6, 2016. We ask that NO children attend this event. Prospective children will have an opportunity to tour the school at a later date. Attendance at the Open House is not required to apply or to enroll.
- Applications are accepted, starting October 1 (if we receive your application prior to this date, it will be returned. Applications will not be processed without an enclosed application fee of $50)
- Preference is given to siblings of current students.
- Preference is given to subsidized families; spots are limited.
- The deadline for submitting an application is December 31. (Applications received after the deadline, will be returned. If mailed, envelopes must be post marked as of the deadline date.)
- Applications will be processed.
- Current families submit schedule requests for the upcoming school year.
- Moonstone begins the random lottery selection for each group (NO action is needed on your part)
- Enrollment notification begins!
You will be notified by one of the following ways:
- A phone call offering you an available spot. (At this time, a personal tour can be scheduled)
- A letter will be mailed relaying that a spot was NOT available for your child. At this time, you can choose to be left on the list for the remainder of the school year in case a spot becomes available. However, to be included in the lottery for the following school year, you must re-apply (this includes paying the application fee).
- Once a spot is offered, you have 48 hours to accept or decline. If no contact is made on your part, the spot will be offered to the next lottery applicant.
|Days||Hours||In Diapers||Potty Trained|
Monthly prices listed above are effective December 1, 2016. All prices are subject to change with notice. Moonstone's average annual tuition increase over the past 10 years has been 3-5%.
A 5% discount is given for payment of six months or more.
A one month deposit is required along with contracts for all students. Deposits are held for the students last month of attendance. For families who qualify for CCIS subsidy, the deposit amount is based on co-pay; see the Subsidized Care section for more details.
Tuition is due on the first of every month. A five day grace period shall be allowed for payment. Any payments received after the grace period, will be charged a $25 late fee. Any account 30 days delinquent will result in the suspension of the child attending until payments are current.
Subsidized CareThe state and federal governments have made funding available to assist qualifying parents in meeting their child care expenses. In Philadelphia, subsidized child care is available for working families through the Child Care Information Service (CCIS).
Moonstone gives preference in the enrollment lottery to families who qualify for CCIS subsidy; spots are limited. The enrollment processing fee is waived for families who qualify for subsidized care.
If you are concerned about the cost of quality child care, CCIS may be able to help. Working parents may be eligible for assistance with child care expenses if they meet the income guidelines. Log on to www.philadelphiachildcare.org for more information or call their hotline at 1-888-461-KIDS (5437) to find out if you are eligible!
Moonstone's Financial Assistance
Moonstone strives to make its educational programming available to all applicants regardless of income, and has a long history of working with subsidy programs to ensure access. Moonstone has two programs available for Financial Assistance: Tuition Assistance and Hardship Support. If your family has a ongoing financial need or a short term hardship that makes it impossible to cover Moonstone tuition, please speak to the Director about the availability of financial assistance.
Families must first apply to CCIS before being considered for Moonstone's Financial Assistance.
Save the Date...
- Moonstone's 7th Annual Dinner & Silent will be held Thursday, April 6th from 7pm-10pm at Percy St. BBQ!
United Way #48916